1. This Who Wants To Be A Millionaire contestant would read the answers aloud, and then his wife would cough when he read the correct choice. They were caught, had to return the money, and were forced to pay a fine.
2. On The Gong Show, The Popsicle Twins came out for a bizarre popsicle skit, which was suggestive AF for the 70s.
3. This guy, Rodney Alcala, won The Dating Game. Turns out, he was a serial killer.
4. This woman’s Wheel of Fortune loss became a national headline after she said, “Seven Swans A-Swimmin,'” instead of “Seven Swans A-Swimming”:
5. This 12-year-old misspelled “The Emancipation Proclamation” — which was the right answer — and lost Jeopardy!, leading to social media outrage:
6. This guy used a fake identity on Super Password because he was wanted for credit card fraud, forgery, and insurance fraud. He eventually was caught when he went to retrieve his prize money:
7. This man guessed the exact price of a product on The Price Is Right and his wife guessed within $500 of her product, leading to suspicions about them:
8. This man on Whammy memorized the computer pattern and was able to win over $100,000. It wasn’t technically cheating, but it was scandalous during 1984:
9. And in another scandalous-but-not-cheating situation, this man won $100,000 not by knowing the information, but by reading the host’s body language.
10. This dude dropped the F bomb on Jeopardy! after answering incorrectly:
11. This couple was asked to pick which of these items was sold in store first and they correctly answered Post-Its. However, they lost $800,000 because the show said it was wrong. The show apologized and invited them back:
12. This woman was caught using Shazam, an app that identifies songs as they play, during a Spanish Name That Tune-like game show.
13. When this wife admitted on Moment of Truth that she cheated on her husband:
14. And then again when she made it to the $200,000 question, she lied and lost all the money in the end.
15. This guy was supposed to guess the price of an item and just straight-up pressed the reveal button, causing Bob to walk off on The Price Is Right.
16. This Family Feud contestant wouldn’t shake Steve Harvey’s hand:
17. And lastly, this guy had a very NSFW answer during Family Feud: