What We Know So Far
- Australians are heading to the polls today to elect the country’s 46th parliament
- Labor were narrowly ahead in the final polls
- Scott Morrison, who has only been prime minister for nine months, is hoping to win re-election for the Coalition
- Bill Shorten is hoping to return Labor, who have been in opposition since 2013, to power
- The result is expected to be tight, with the large amount of pre-polling potentially delaying the final result
- To win a majority government, either side has to reach 76 seats in the House of Representatives
Hello and welcome to BuzzFeed’s coverage of the 2019 federal election.
I hope you’ve got yourself plenty of supplies and a stiff drink or three, because we could be in for a long night.
We will be bringing you all the results and developments as they occur.
Let’s do this thing!