1. A Lodge cast-iron skillet that’ll just get better the more you use it. Use it to sear steaks, brown veggies, or even bake a cake. It’s basically indestructible so you can pass it on to your kids…and they can leave it to theirs.
2. Or, a cast-iron Dutch oven for baking breads, brewing soups and stews, and braising meat.
3. Tweezerman tweezers that’ll witness your brow’s many styles, including barely there and furry caterpillars.
4. A pair of Darn Tough socks so you can finally toss out your socks with holes, which, honestly, may be all of them. These socks come with a lifetime guarantee so you can replace them if they aren’t the most durable socks you’ve ever owned.
5. A KitchenAid stand mixer, the crème de la crème of kitchen appliances, so you can pass something along to your grandkids.
6. A Conair InfinitiPro hair dryer for drying your hair 50% faster than the one you’re using now. This means it’ll last three times longer, too. Talk about blowing its competitors away!
7. An 11-piece cookware set that’s reinforced with titanium so you’ll never have to buy another pot again.
8. Plus a set of non-stick baking pans to complete your kitchen’s arsenal. These are things you’ll use every day, so why not splurge on a set that’ll last you?
9. A set of Pyrex measuring cups that’ll come in handy whenever you’re in the kitchen — and they’ll look so much nicer (and last so much longer!) than your scratched plastic set.
10. The MakeUp Eraser, a super soft cloth made to dissolve every last bit of waterproof mascara and longwear foundation, though it may not be as effective at deleting last night’s memories of drunken tabletop dancing. OK, we know these won’t last you forever, but they are supposed to survive 1,000 washes or three to five years, which is longer than any of my relationships. 🙂 That means you’ll end up replacing them only two or three times every decade.
11. A Victorinox chef’s knife so you can slice and dice like a pro. It’ll last you years with proper care, plus a good knife can shave minutes (pun intended) from prep time.
12. A set of 24 glass food storage containers to store your leftovers instead of wasting money on plastic containers that are bad for the environment and eventually get so stinky that you have to toss them.
13. A hair straightener with tiny sensors to regulate temperature and evenly distribute heat so you need fewer passes. It’s made with high quality ceramic plates that’ll straighten (or curl) your hair long after your cheaper straighteners have died.
14. L.L. Bean boots to withstand rain and mud in the spring and sleet and snow in the winter. We’d be surprised if you needed more than one pair in your lifetime. And! L.L. Bean will repair your boots for cheap as part of their pledge to help customers “Reduce, Reuse, Resole.”
15. Or, Dr. Marten boots you’ll only need to invest in once because they can survive years of wear.
16. Panasonic earbuds to accompany you on long runs, morning commutes, and through nighttime routines. Trust us, you’ll lose them before they stop working. Fortunately, they’re cheap enough that you won’t feel bad about ordering more.
17. A dishwasher-safe OXO avocado slicer for the person who’s singlehandedly supporting the avocado market. This little green guy will last you through many, many avocado toasts.
18. A compact automatic LifeTek umbrella to replace all the crappy ones you’ve lost or broken. This sturdy rain repeller will become a must-have in your bag.
19. A set of four reusable shopping bags for toting your groceries home in an environmentally sustainable way. Plastic bags pollute and rip, but these carriers will conceal your pints of ice cream without judgement until you stash them in your freezer.
20. And eco-conscious reusable silicone bags to reduce your plastic waste. Unlike regular plastic sandwich bags, these are dishwasher-safe so you can use them over and over again.
21. A lightweight Nalgene so you can finally ditch plastic bottles.
22. Or, a Hydro Flask water bottle that’s basically unbreakable and will politely remind you to stay hydrated. It’s made of stainless steel and is insulated to keep your cool drinks cold and your warm drinks piping hot.
23. A durable, long-lasting pet collar to replace the one your fur baby already chewed through.
24. A ceramic coffee dripper for the perfect cup of pour over. Coffee makers will break down over time, but this dripper will last you ages — until you accidentally drop it and it shatters, in which case you won’t feel bad about paying a few bucks to replace it. Now imagine if your $500 espresso machine broke…
25. And a reusable hemp coffee filter so you can be kind to the environment while still enjoying your morning cup (or two) of coffee. Hemp is naturally mildew- and bacteria-resistant so you don’t have to worry about it making you sick over time.
26. A Retro 1951 Tornado Rollerball Pen to make you feel fancy — and to save you money on your usual disposable ballpoint pens. No more buying pens in bulk and then slowly losing them throughout the year.
27. A set of sandstone coasters that’ll withstand moisture better than your cardboard coasters ever could.
28. A Timex Weekender to help you pass the time — literally! This is one of those classic watches you can leave to your kids or grandkids.
29. A stainless steel Swiss Army knife able to get you out of many tricky situations and comes with a lifetime guarantee against defects. It comes with seven hidden features, including scissors, a nail file, nail clippers, and a toothpick.
30. Waterproof Tevas you’ll find yourself wearing year-round. They’re surprisingly supportive on summertime hikes, plus you can wear them in the winter with socks.
31. Or, a pair of well-made leather sandals you can slip into without thinking because they go with everything. It’s time to ditch those cheap rubber flip-flops that fall apart after a few wears.
32. A Thermos travel mug to keep your drinks warm. Almost 5,000 people swear by the durability of its vacuum insulation.
33. A Kong Extreme so your pup can finally get their chewing fix. RIP that squeaky toy that lasted all of five seconds.
You saving so much money:
Shopping for something specific? Check out Angle News Reviews to find the best things for every budget!