Last week, Senator Maureen Walsh said nurses spend a “considerable amount of time playing cards.”
Let’s be clear. They do not play cards:
1. They play with these machines that are critical to patients’ lives:
2. They work in chaotic, fast-paced emergency rooms:
3. The witness traumatic and tragic times:
4. They comfort people:
5. They barely have time for bathroom breaks:
6. Or lunch breaks:
7. They work long hours:
8. They save lives:
9. They even study on breaks!
10. They help people during the worst times in their lives:
11. They repair equipment:
12. They use their expert judgment in life-or-death situation:
14. They stand for 16 hours a day sometimes:
Nurses, thank you. Let’s all make an effort to let the nurses we know that we are eternally grateful for all they do!