The young woman who died of a suspected drug overdose at a music festival in Sydney has been identified as Alex Ross-King.
The 19-year-old was rushed to Westmead Hospital about 6pm on Saturday, but died later in the evening.
Friends remembered her as a ‘remarkable human being, who had a positive impact on every single persons life that she walked into’, while family shared their grief and broken hearts on social media.
Pictured; Alex Ross-King, 19, died after a suspected drug overdose at the FOMO music festival on Saturday
‘My heart is broken and [I’m] lost for words,’ her cousin Rhys Ross-Clark wrote.
‘This world is cruel and unfair. Love you my beautiful cousin.’
Ms Ross-King had attended the festival with friends, one who shared her shock over the tragic turn of events in an emotional Facebook post.
‘You were always full of life and a genuine person with such a big heart and quite easily one of the funniest people I’ve ever met, you were the life of the party always,’ Tayla Brookhouse wrote.
‘You’ll be very missed by way too many people. Heaven’s gained another angel, rest easy and don’t stop partying.’
The young woman was remembered as a ‘remarkable person’ who impacted the lives of everyone she knew
Friend Brooke Farr said Alex was ‘such a lively, happy girl’, who had a big impact on her childhood.
‘She taught me how to have confidence and helped me through some tough times,’ she said. ‘I’m forever grateful because it all helped me be a better version of who I am.
‘She truly was beautiful, inside and out.
‘I will always continue to ask myself why this life takes the best people so early.’
Alex died in Westmead Hospital after being taken there from the music festival, making her the sixth person to die in four months at a music festival in Australia
The FOMO festival, which plays electronic hip-hop music, was home to an increased police presence, following five other deaths at similar events in just the last four months.
Event organisers appeared just as concerned as police about the alarming spike in deaths, advising of the safety hotline and first aid facilities in the lead-up to the event.
‘We’re here to help, please party safe,’ the organisers said over the event’s Facebook page.
As Alex was being rushed to hospital, another young woman was discovered collapsed inside a toilet cubicle.
Dozens of would-be revellers were asked to leave the venue before they were even inside, while others were kicked out for fighting or being too intoxicated.
Police searched a total of 146 people, 54 of whom were found in possession of drugs. Two were charged with possession.