in

Diner is revolted as mysterious liquid drops into her food…only to find out 'it's from a DEAD RAT'


A woman and her boyfriend claimed their dinner was ruined after a dead rat got stuck above their table with liquid dripping into their plates.

Ms Yu, 28, said she noticed liquid coming from the ceiling at the restaurant in southern China, and she had thought it was water leaked from an air conditioner.

However, she was horrified to discover liquid actually came from a lifeless rodent, the furious diner claimed to reporters.

Ms Yu and her boyfriend went to a restaurant for lunch in Changsha, south China on May 14

Ms Yu and her boyfriend went to a restaurant for lunch in Changsha, south China on May 14

Ms Yu noticed water dripping from the ceiling and thought it was leaked water from an air-con

Ms Yu noticed water dripping from the ceiling and thought it was leaked water from an air-con

According to Xiangtan News, Ms Yu and her boyfriend travelled from Zhuhai, Guangdong Province to Changsha for business and went to a restaurant on May 14.

Security camera footage captured Ms Yu looking up to the ceiling while having a five-course meal with her boyfriend.

Believing it was just leaked water from an air conditioner, the couple complained to the waiter and asked them to look into the matter.

‘There was a dead rat lying on a metal grille and it was either saliva or some sort of secretion drooling from the rat’s mouth,’ Ms Yu told Xiangtan News.

The couple was shocked to find a dead rat trapped at a metal grille right above their table

The couple was shocked to find a dead rat trapped at a metal grille right above their table

Restaurant owner said they did not spot any dead rat during cleaning works in the morning

Officials issued a notice to order the owner to improve its environment

Restaurant owner said they did not spot any dead rat during cleaning works in the morning (left). Officials issued a notice to order the owner to improve its environment (right)

Ms Yu, pictured, demanded Mr Chen to pay for her extended stay and medical expenses

Ms Yu, pictured, demanded Mr Chen to pay for her extended stay and medical expenses

Restaurant manager Mr Chen took the pair to Hunan People’s Hospital for blood tests as the couple feared they might face risks of food poisoning.

Doctors did not find any signs of food poisoning, but recommended the couple come back in a week’s time.

Mr Chen explained to Ms Yu that the restaurant’s staff cleaned the space every day and they ‘did not notice any dead rats in the morning’.

‘The rat could have been trapped to death or electrocuted after 11am,’ he added.

Ms Yu had to extend her stay in Changsha for another seven days and the accommodation expenses are due to be paid by Mr Chen.

Mr Chen also said he would compensate the couple 2,000yuan (£233) to cover their medical expenses.

Ms Yu and her boyfriend have submitted a complaint to the local Food and Drug Administration.

The restaurant’s boss has been ordered to have his shop sterilised to meet the hygienic standard.



Source link

Keyless cars causing dozens of deaths

29 Actually Gorgeous Bathrooms That'll Make You Say, "Why Aren't I Rich?!"