X Factor’s first ever winner Steve Brookstein has slammed the aftercare he was provided in a scathing rant.
His comments come in the wake of The Jeremy Kyle Show’s axing.
The disgruntled singer, who triumphed on the ITV show in 2004 and landed a record deal, bizarrely claims he was contacted just once after leaving the show, and that the call was anything but caring.
The 50-year-old took to Twitter to claim that disgraced PR man Max Clifford called him once the show was over to warn him about speaking to the press.
He also claims that Sharon Osbourne, who was then a judge on the talent show, called him a “f***ing c***” in front of a room full of people.
He said: “My aftershow care on X Factor was a phone call from Max Clifford saying “Talk to press and we’ll bury you!” and Sharon Osbourne calling me a “f***ing c***” in rehearsal in front of the entire production team.”
Steve then swapped messages with fans who told him they hope he gets an apology.
He said that will “never” happen.
Steve also told fans he was “keeping strong”.
He also said he was “plodding along” when a follower asked him if he’s still working.
His claims come after The Jeremy Kyle Show was cancelled following the death of a guest.
It was dramatically pulled from the schedule on Monday after Steve Dymond overdosed days after appearing on the show.
He had been left devastated after failing a lie detector test after trying to prove he hadn’t been unfaithful to his fiancée June Callaghan.
Yesterday, bosses announced it was axed for good.
Carolyn McCall, ITV’s CEO, said: “Given the gravity of recent events we have decided to end production of The Jeremy Kyle Show.
“The Jeremy Kyle Show has had a loyal audience and has been made by a dedicated production team for 14 years, but now is the right time for the show to end.
“Everyone at ITV’s thoughts and sympathies are with the family and friends of Steve Dymond.
“The previously announced review of the episode of the show is underway and will continue.
“ITV will continue to work with Jeremy Kyle on other projects.”
Steve has spoken out against the X Factor on a number of occasions.
And he’s made his claims about Clifford’s phone call before.
Speaking in 2017, when Clifford died, Steve said in a social media post: “13 years today I will never forget.
“It was the eve of the first X Factor final and I had to go to Simon’s mansion for a fake dinner to be filmed. Microwaved M&S dinner with a side order of playing with my emotions.”
He went on: “It was the beginning of a 13 year living hell. The man responsible for orchestrating a media hate campaign against me was PR guru Max Clifford.
“‘Talk to the press and we’ll bury you’ he once told me. Max Clifford has just died in prison after a heart attack while cleaning his cell. Unlucky.”
Steve also spoke out about Clifford in his autobiography, Getting Over The X, which was released in 2014 – the same year Clifford was jailed for eight counts of indecent assault against women and girls as young as 15.
Mirror Online has contacted X Factor and Sharon’s representatives for comment
* Samaritans (116 123) operates a 24-hour service available every day of the year. If you prefer to write down how you’re feeling, or if you’re worried about being overheard on the phone, you can email Samaritans at [email protected]